On the 5th of March, 2017, about 26 Delegates from around NSW gathered at Schofields Church in Sydney to make plans and discuss propositions for the NSW Conference for the next two years. We were blessed by God’s Spirit when we opened with the hymn: “Blessed Assurance Jesus is Mine”.
After the reports from the previous two years were accepted and notes taken on the minutes from the last session, we started nominating those who were to be on the respective committees. Once everyone present had been appointed to a committee and assigned an area to work, we all got down to business.
In the Plans Committee, many discussions were had in regards to a building extension at Schofields as well as to the allocation of Bible workers in the NSW Conference. Plans were approved for the Missionary and Youth departments respectively. These include plans
- To hold seminars based around various aspects of the family such as, courtship, marriage, parenting, communication, etc.
- To continue and possibly broaden the engagement of members and youth in welfare work such as feeding and clothing the homeless.
- To continue health outreaches in the form of cooking demos, health lectures, and Depression Recovery Programs.
- To encourage the members and youth, who are willing, to engage in regular canvassing work.
- To create media projects that will involve youth in filming and editing and working with AUC Media department to create content for internet such as cooking videos, short spiritual videos, etc.
- To continue with Focus Meetings once a month.
- To plan a camp near Eden or Merimbula.
- To run a Character Seminar as planned by the previous youth leaders.
- To change venues (between Schofields & Wentworthville) for the youth combined meetings every month.
We adjourned for lunch at the appointed hour. After a hearty meal and a photoshoot, we resumed our meeting to cover a few final notes, and then the other committees joined us.
The Finance committee discussed the need for more accurate budgets in regards to NSW Field Camp meetings and more awareness to people in regards to where the offerings are being directed so as to cover costs without being in debt.
The Nominating committee came back with some good recommendations for leaders and assistants for the various departments. Br Paul Chapman was Elected as NSW Field President until such times as Br Nathan Tyler can move to Sydney. Br Larry Aching was assigned as Vice-President. There was a building committee chosen to keep up to date with the progress of the Sabbath School rooms building at Schofields. Br Craig Cunningham was chosen to continue on as Secretary of the Field and was also elected as the Missionary Department leader with two assistants. The Youth Department Leader chosen was Sr Daniella Belarezo, with two assistants to help and support her in her work.
I hope and pray that for the next term, you will keep these leaders in your prayers so that we may continue with God’s help to run things smoothly and efficiently in our Field.
Reported by Sam Wiseman