Dear Friends in Christ,
Greetings with Psalm 147:1 "Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely."
In our last update we mentioned that the next major item was organizing brickwork and we are happy to report that the bricklaying for the hall and the kitchen has been completed along with a number of other items:
· Window and door frames for offices and the hall have been cut and assembled.
· Wall and roof frames for the caretakers residence are erected.
· Internal plumbing is nearly complete.
· Material for eaves, fascia, and gables has been ordered and will be delivered on site by 14 Feb.
· Electrical wiring is in progress.
· On site pumping station for the sewer has been designed and assembled; it is yet to be installed on site as soon as we have finalised the paperwork with the Water Board.
· Lining of the ceiling in the hall is in progress.
· Windows for the residence have been delivered on site last week and will be installed in a few days.
It has been mentioned in previous reports that the Lord touches peoples hearts at the right time to act for the progress of the Schofields Project and it is our experience that He still does it. Two or three months ago, Br. Gabi Muj offered to help with his experience in the building industry and we are very thankful for the many hours and days he is spending on the phone and the fax in organizing prices for the supply of material or in meeting various trades on the site. Also, Br. Bata Borovnica has offered to work on site almost full-time where his talent of a true craftsmanship has been a great blessing.
I hope that by the next report we will be able to include the cost for the project up to date.
On behalf of the Schofield Building Committee,