Welcome to the Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement Health Department.
Jesus said ” And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.” Luke 10:9
Our mission therefore is to encourage, educate and promote the principles of health and healing according to the commission of Christ, that man may be better placed to recieve the Kingdom of God.
The greatest health leader was Jesus himself, it is noted that He spent more time healing the sick than He did preaching the Gospel. Jesus used His health ministry to bring healing and restoration to thousands of people who flocked for his healing touch. Jesus broke down barriers and prejudices by healing the physical ailments of those He came in contact with. This allowed Him the opportunity to offer an even higher form of healing, even the healing and restoration of the soul.
This department seeks not only to encourage the sick to put their faith in the great healer, Jesus Christ, but to do everything that is within their power to help heal themselves through following nature’s laws.
The health work embraces the importance of preventing disease as much as it does the healing of it. It is the desire of this department to share the principles of healthy living so we can assist; not only in helping the sick but to aid in its prevention.
For this to happen we will seek to provide educative information in the form of news bulletins, seminars, healthy recipies, health tips, brochures, health literature and more… so that you can become equipped to live a more complete life.
The governing principles by which this department will seek to minister and promote its health objectives include:
- Do all things to the Glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Above all things, Cause no harm to anyone (Matthew 10:16 LP)
- Promote the prevention of disease through healthy living (3 John 1:2)
- Encourage health in mind, body and spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
- Teach the importance of living within the 8 laws of health and taking individual responsibility for one’s health (Proverbs 6:6)
- Promote everyone to enjoy complete Health and Happiness (Proverbs 17:22)
- Follow the Master’s commission (Luke 10:9)
We wish you all a prosperous health and please feel free to contact us at (health dept email address) for more information.
We Are Here To Help!
Australasian Union Conference