Australasian Union Hosts Online Week of Prayer
The AUC had the privilege of hosting the Pacific edition of the online Week of Prayer, August 21-30, 2020. Collaborating with the Pacific regional secretariat, items were collected and posted along with the sermon content from the General Conference.
Hundreds of viewers from around the Pacific joined via YouTube stream and in some cases, downloaded videos which were taken by Bible workers to remote areas.
Around the AUC, some churches met to view the presentations and pray, while others watched at home and had prayer groups via zoom due to pandemic restrictions.
The concept of Week of Prayer comes from the 1860s, when the American Civil War caused serious disruption and economic difficulty for the emerging church. Believers set aside a week of prayer in early 1865, and in only a few weeks the war was over.
It is with the same earnestness in view of the times and the global disruption of travel and downturn in economic activity, that the church has gathered for prayer. Let us continue to pray that God will intervene so that the gospel may be preached and Christ’s commission be fulfilled.
Presentations are available as a YouTube playlist or the individual links below:
- Friday, August 21 – Hope in Time of Crisis and Injustice – Brother David Zic (Education Department)
- Sabbath, August 22 – Our Hope of Salvation – Brother Davi P. Silva (Sabbath School Department)
- Sunday, August 23 – The Family: A Beacon of Hope – Brother Rolly Dumaguit (Family Department)
- Wednesday, August 26 – Youth: Hope for the Future – Brother Adrian Finaru (Youth Department)
- Friday, August 28 – Christ, Our Only Hope – Brother Liviu Tudoroiu (GC Secretary)
- Sabbath, August 29 – Our Blessed Hope – Brother Eli Tenorio (GC President)
Extra: Sabbath Special Musical Items (around the Pacific)
- Sunday, August 30 – In Heavenly Places – Brother Peter Lausevic (North American Regional Secretary)