The message of Revival and Reformation was brought to Australia in 1938. D. Nicolici moved to New South Wales from his native Romania on October 20, 1938. Sabbath services began in a park, with only the Nicolici family as participants.
On February 10, 1940, the first church of the Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement in Australia was begun, and in July the New South Wales State Conference was organized. A worker’s training college and Missionary Training School were begun.
Prior to 2013, the Australasian Union Conference encompassed churches in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa and Vanuatu. To better facilitate administration and development, in 2013, with the full support and prayers of the Australian and New Zealand churches, the Pacific island nations formed the Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement – South Pacific Union Mission. Today, the Australasian Union headquarters is located in Schofields, NSW.
For more general history of the Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement worldwide, see our General Conference website.