From 21-25 January, 2018, we prepared a “Homiletics and Oratory Skills Training Program” which was aimed to reach the young people in our church from 12 years old onwards. The program was as follows:
We met from 4pm to 6pm everyday, and the session topics were:
- 21 January, Introduction to Oratory and Homiletics
- 22 January, Learning the Lesson: Expository Sermon
- 23 January, Exhaustive Research: Topical Sermon
- 24 January, Unpacking the Word: Textual Sermon
- 25 January, Preparation of Sermons
The training program was held at Keilor Church from 21-25 January. Then on 27 January, the students presented their “sermonettes” in the afternoon youth programme.
It was a blessing to see our young people involved in searching, preparing and delivering their messages.
After their presentations, the participants received a certificate of completion.
~ Miguel Mendoza